International Agency “GloBee”
We come together during Ukraine's critical challenges to volunteer, helping our country in what we excel.
International Agency “GloBee” focuses its efforts on building broad international coalitions in support of Ukraine, developing transatlantic partnerships between regions and cities, attracting investments and assistance, supporting Ukrainian business in foreign markets, and more. To do this, we use all our competencies, experience and connections.
In 2015, “GloBee International” focused on helping the Kharkiv region. In partnership with the Kharkiv Regional State Administration, the the Kharkiv Region Representative Office in Washington DC was established. As well as other international volunteer projects were carried out. Thanks to this work, on April 8, 2016, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the United States of America presented by the US Embassy in Ukraine and the Kharkiv Regional State Administration.
In 2017, against the background of a significant escalation of cyber threats from Russia for the critical infrastructure of Ukraine, “GloBee International” co-organized the International Cyber Security Summit 2017, which took place in Kyiv with the participation of world industry leaders and US officials with current US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken.
Now, since the beginning of the Patriotic War with Russia, our community is once again facing the enemy on the diplomatic and informational fronts. We are currently building a network of cooperations between the mayors of Ukraine, the US and other countries. In order to form a powerful lobby for the most efficient assistance to Ukraine and to gain international support for the further restoration of Ukrainian cities.
Gratitude to GLOBEE INTERNATIONAL
Washington Office Of Kharkiv Region
1. General information
The Kharkiv Oblast Office in Washington (hereinafter referred to as the Office) is a public platform for the development of cooperation with the United States, launched against the background of Russian aggression in eastern Ukraine and the loss of the region’s economy due to shrinking Russian markets.
The main functions of the Office are to promote the opportunities of the Kharkiv region in trade, investment, humanitarian and other spheres; assistance in finding partners, as well as in the organization of negotiations, legal and marketing support of Ukrainian companies in the United States and American companies in Ukraine; informing officials, the public and business in the United States about the real situation in Ukraine.
The project was implemented during 2015 – 2019 on a voluntary basis without attracting budget funding under the Memorandum of Cooperation and Coordination between the Kharkiv Regional State Administration and the NGO “International Agency for Regional Development” Globee “from 19.05.2015, concluded for three years with the possibility of prolongation. Since 2020, Globee has stopped funding the project.
3. Getting started
The presentation of the Office took place on September 22, 2015 at the American House of the US Embassy in Ukraine (Kyiv) with the participation of the US Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Ukraine Jeffrey Payette and the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Arsen Avakov.
4. Results of activities
The activities of the Office are covered in detail in Wikipedia at the link: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_Kharkiv_region_in_Washington
Major international events
The Office has organized (co-organized, initiated) a number of international events. In particular, among them:
- Forum in the US Congress “Ukraine’s Continuing Struggle for Freedom – Risk of Western Failure in Political, Economic and Humanitarian Aid” (Washington, 2015) in co-organization with the Ukrainian House of Representatives, the Ukrainian Senate, the Ukrainian Embassy in the United States, the Ukraine Foundation – USA.
The event was attended by the Minister of Finance of Ukraine Natalia Yaresko, the head of the Odessa Regional State Administration Mikheil Saakashvili, the head of the Kharkiv Regional State Administration Igor Rainin (video). The event was attended by senators, congressmen, representatives of the State Department and the Ministry of Defense, representatives of think tanks, NGOs, and religious communities.
- Visit of the delegation of the Kharkiv region to the United States (Washington, New York, 2016). The Office hosted meetings of the Delegation with the US Deputy Secretary of Commerce for Europe and the Eurasian Region, Mr. Michael Lally, the Democratic Party leader in the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Eliot Engel, the US Deputy Trade Representative for Ukraine, the European Union on the accession to the WTO of the candidate countries, Ms. Elizabeth Hafner, President of the Center for International Private Enterprise (CIEE), Mr. Mark Schleifer, President of the Foreign Private Investment Corporation (ORIS), Ms. Elizabeth Littlefield, President of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, Carlovidna US investment funds and investment consulting companies that dispose of assets totaling more than $ 100 billion. USA. In partnership with the Harriman Institute, the Office hosted a lecture by the Kharkiv delegation at Columbia University (New York) on “At the forefront of the struggle for Ukraine.” In addition, a meeting was held with the leadership of the Hudson Institute, one of the oldest centers of expertise that provides recommendations to the US Government in the field of international relations, and held a round table on the situation in Ukraine in the Atlantic Council. chaired by the 5th Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States to Ukraine (2003-2006) Mr. John Herbst. In addition, separate programs of negotiations with potential partners in the United States were additionally organized for representatives of business circles of Kharkiv region.
- Corresponding visit to the Kharkiv region by the US Deputy Secretary of Commerce for Europe and the Eurasian Region Michael Lally, which was agreed during a meeting with the delegation of the Kharkiv region (Kharkiv, 2016)
- Forum “Innovation. Investments. Kharkiv Initiatives ”(Kharkiv, 2016) in co-organization with Kharkiv Regional State Administration and DCH. The Office, together with the US Embassy in Ukraine, organized a separate panel discussion on opportunities to develop cooperation with the United States. In particular, the Office ensured the participation of a business delegation from the United States – the management of Strategy XXI Partners, Mercury Public Affairs, Unicity, as well as investment funds recommended by the US Embassy in Ukraine.
- Global Cyber Security Summit GCS-2017 (Kyiv, 2017) in co-organization with Mercury Public Affairs (USA), which is one of the world leaders in the field of strategic international communications and public strategies, as well as the State Innovation and Financial Credit Institution Ministry of Economy of Ukraine.
Detailed information on GCS-2017 is available on the summit website http://gsc17.tech/, as well as on Wikipedia at:
The event was attended by over 500 representatives from 25 countries. In particular, the speakers were Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States to Ukraine Marie Jovanovich, Deputy Secretary of State (2015-2017), Deputy Advisor to the President on National Security (2013-2015) Mr. Anthony Blinken, Deputy Secretary on National Defense, Program Director of the US Department of Homeland Security (2014-2017), Ms. Susan Spaulding, and others.
During the work of the Office he has implemented a number of donor projects, including:
- Medical equipment and consumables worth $ 300,000 were donated as humanitarian aid. USA Kharkiv Military Hospital, as well as district hospitals of Kharkiv region.
- The electronic document management system, as well as the Konica-Minolta industrial high-speed scanner for digitizing citizens’ appeals were transferred to the Kharkiv Regional State Administration and the Kharkiv Regional Council free of charge.
- In partnership with the Ukrainian Confidence Building Initiative (UCBI) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), free training of Kharkiv Regional State Administration and Kharkiv Regional Council staff on electronic document management was organized.
- Free services provided to more than 100 companies from Ukraine and the USA (consultations, market analysis, selection of potential partners, organization of negotiations, assistance in product certification, provision of premises and telephone lines of the Office, etc.), including pharmaceutical company Zdorovya “, JSC” Megabank “, group of companies” Kharkivmash “, LLC” B Bloom Company “, factory” Papa Carlo “(Ukraine),” Unicity “,” Mannatech “,” Integrated Device Technology, Inc. ” (IDT), Lastwall, Xityway (USA) and others.
5. Influence on the system of international relations of the region
The initiative position of Kharkiv region on the purposeful intensification of relations with the United States was assessed by Western partners, so on April 8, 2016 a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the United States through the US Embassy in Ukraine and Kharkiv Regional State Administration. The relevant document with the Ukrainian region was signed for the first time in the history of Ukraine.